Tuesday, December 20, 2011

6.5mm Grendel

I thank a brilliant man named Bill Alexander for developing the new cartridge which is now popularly known as the 6.5mm Grendel cartridge. I also praise the guy for doing some innovations so that my beloved AR-15 can fire this newly developed ammunition. Since I already have an existing M16A2 Match Rifle, I just bought a complete upper receiver assembly with a 6.5mm caliber barrel. The ammo packs more power and accuracy than the .223 especially at distances beyond 500 meters. I have also noticed that the bullet drop is a lot smaller compared to the .308 (it follows that it will perform better when shooting with 'full value' wind). Since I am becoming 'lazy' carrying a heavier rifle (I loved the M14 rifle as a young and dashing 2nd LT), I opted for the 18-inch barrel and a lighter Daniel Defense free-float quadrail. Nah, I just evaluated my rifle in the range and in the hunting ground (not against terrorists). As you can see in the video, I easily downed a 4x4 inch steel plate placed 100 meters away. After some successful adventures in the wild, I am keeping this rifle. Long live Grendel Arms!

No comments:

Post a Comment